Saturday, February 26, 2011

*insert self inspired title here*

I’m muttering to myself about the fact that I have a big INf quiz on Monday, a biology assignment due on the same day, a Maths test that week, and another ICP test the following week. Yet, by 7:00pm, I’m gonna dust my ass, get up, attend a fashion show and party till I drop. Oh and for effect I’m listening to Shayne Ward’s “waiting in the wings”. Great song by the way. It’s on repeat and my hands are moving over this steady technological plane of alphabets and numbers…my keyboard. Damn, I really know how to veer of a set writing course


This was initially supposed to be a piece about a perfect world. One where I didn’t feel things ten times the way a normal human should, my excessive ability to over think anything, mostly minor stuff. One where I don’t just wake up with crazy mood swings, paranoid thoughts of betrayal, friendship, and selfish chiding of myself. Gosh, I really am a handful aren’t I? Crap, I really hate the green button word gives you when it feels your grammar isn’t “on point”, speaking computerifically of course, but then mine’s set on American English. Such lazy people spelling and grammar wise. I’m veering off again. Oh well, I’ll just rename this to random part 2

Oh right now it’s “we cry” by The Script that’s playing. Awesome awesome awesome times infinity band if I say so..or type so myself. (doffing hat) yes sire.

I feel great, this is awesome. Not since the beginning of this year have I sat down and written pure unthought-of existential bullshit on paper..or more appropriately, a word processing software.

Kesha’s “we r who we r” is playing now. See what I typed initially about American English.. *sigh* I have to be the biggest Nigerian fan of excellent spoken and written English. I have like a minor language OCD when it comes to bad spelling and short form English. Hate is an understatement for my feelings about the bullshit. Oh and yeah, my friend Vivian is modeling in a fashion show. She’s probably never going to see this, but whatever. Good luck girl. Don’t trip.

Okay I’ve had it..I’m changing this song..and yes you can say it, I’m one hell of a FAST typist  *doffs hat again*

Okay now it’s Justin Timberlake’s “cry me a river”. Before I veer of course, I’ll type, I had a much needed convo with my eternal bestfriend, Tolu Mokuolu. She always knows how to make me feel just a little bit better. Oh and she reminded me of some eternal life lessons

• Always be yourself, that’s the best version of you there’s ever gonna be…because as long as I try to fit into someone idea of who they want me to be, I’ll never really be happy and will eternally remain confused.

• Stop being so damn uptight

• I am not a nerd…as I have so graciously claimed, but then again, I care excessively about school work. I love turning in those assignments and test papers and although I’m not the most avid listener in class, I kinda am an instructor’s pet…most of the time..geek alert anyone?

All right before this turns into a too long post..I’m off trying to post this on blogspot, if the wifi in this shit hole of a location allows me too. I’m leaving you listening to Usher’s “what’s a man to do”…aloha goodbye 

You know you love me

Xoxo…rudEgIrL

No comments:

Post a Comment