Friday, February 11, 2011

A pre-valentine's package

Two weeks in a Virginia jail, for my lover for my lover


20,000 dollar bills, for my lover for my lover

Everybody thinks, I’m the fool

But they don’t get, any love from you

Everyday, I’m psycho analyzed, for my lover for my lover

Things we don’t do for love

Climb the mountains if I have to, risk my heart so I could have you

Now listening to Tracy Chapman’s “for my lover”. Essentially, she makes so much sacrifice for her man, and everyone thinks she’s the big fool, but in retrospect, they’re the fools, because they don’t know how it feels to get loved by him. She goes on to say what people WONT instead of actually DO for love. Basically, that’s what we have today. Everyone not wanting to look like “the fool”, “catching the grenade”, “taking the bullet”, or what not. In the words of fictional character, Olive Penderghast,

“Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80’s movies?

I want, John Cusack holding a boom-box outside my window, I wanna ride off on a lawn mower with Patrick Dempsey, I want a boy thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me”

Sure I might come off as slushy, sloppy or whateveritis you people call it nowadays, but deep down inside you..girls..just deep down you know it’s true. You want a person you can love till your heart feels like it cannot contain one more gram of love for someone. You want that one person you can point to and say, “he’s mine with utmost pride, stand tall and trust like no one else. You want that person who can make you laugh, and scold you if no one else can. You want to love and be loved in return…and if I dare say, some guys want that too. Okay I’m done. This is too way too much mushiness for me to handle.

In the spirit of Valentine ’s Day, I say, happy valentine in advance. For those chicks getting limited edition designer what-not’s , I envy you small sha. For the couples who wanna keep it low key and romantic, have the best day ever. For people with friend and family valentines, “keep your loved ones close cuz they don’t live twice”. For single-and-loving-it-chicks out there. Please don’t make yourself miserable and dine out in a couple infested restaurant. Have a girl’s night out. I’m pretty sure there are a lot of cute, hot guys waiting to bond in the spirit of valentine. Spend well, don’t be stingy.

You know you love me

X0x0..rUdEgIrL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment