Friday, March 19, 2010




          Ok  bloggers, rude missus is attempting at dabbling with poetry. It was composed in the space of 15 minutes and it's the very first poem I actually feel like I wrote with all my senses alert. I have not edited anything in it. I just wrote the words out of my head like BAM. It's called waking up to reality. Hope the title fits the poem or at least that you find it good. Here goes:
          What was once a steady pulse, quickens
          at the mere sight of him
          Drinking in every familiar feature
          Like a picture committed to memory
          So close, yet so untouchable

          The clock ticks, ever so steadily
          I reach out, to lay it all down, rid myself of the pain of wanting
          Yet, again I check myself and withdraw back to safety
          It's over, get on with your life, I repeat like a litany in my head
          Yet I cannot bring myself to face the cold numbing truth that we are now a     past tense

          Fool me once, shame on you
          Fool me twice, shame on me
          Can I risk being the fool again?
          Even when it seems all hope is gone
          Or shall I bare it all and risk another chance at happiness

          He's smiling oh I remember it all like the stab of a knife
          I want to tell myself it is all an act
          That he wants me as much as I want him

           Yet like a too familiar, cold and unfeeling friend
          Reality sets in-he's over it, over me
          I have no choice, so I back my mask on
         The fantasy is over, it's time to move on.
                                  You know you love me   
                                       xoxo...rUdE gIrL:P
          
       

No comments:

Post a Comment