Thursday, March 11, 2010

Words as you see them.......

          12.5 rules of writing..it said. Rule 8: weed, do the dishes, take a walk..and write about it, nothing is insignificant to write about. Rule 12.5: stop looking at the poster..WRITE SOMETHING. A lot of things have crossed my mind as too personal, too stupid, or not worth wasting time to write about, but today, I'm going to give it a try. All I have to do is write, so here goes: (I hope you find it good or at least passable enough)
          Life is a word, a simple word. So are love, hate, trust and friendship.Why then are these the hardest words to define in life? Why are they the cause of so much complexity and controversy amongst ourselves?  Why are they words that have no perfect definition like school or house? I would define those words as "what you want them to mean for you, good or bad." There's no such thing as a true friend forever, and I'm not some sadist saying this. Humans by nature, change. The true friend of your teenage years is different from the friend you know now that you're mature adults. Nor is your kindergarten bff the same person now that you're both 17 and hot, so why complain when she betrays you or get surprised when you realize you can and want to betray her?  It'l hurt depending on what side of the deal we get, but then we do what we do best...GET OVER IT.. that's why time is the greatest healer there is and will ever be. We get up, dust our asses and move on to find the next person who will be that "true friend" for a while because man cannot survive as an island does.(permit the wrong phrasing.lol). As ironical as the previous statement sounds, I'm writing this alone in a warm room and realizing that when it all boils down, we are alone. We come to this world alone and we die alone. Nobody truly understands what and how we feel. Sure, they can relate to us and predict some actions, they know not the essence of our humanity.
          Trust has always, is still, and will continue to be broken, even to ourselves. A few months ago, I was a radically different person from who I am now. I was the ultimate obedient daughter who would never dream of hurting her parents or shocking them with her actions. I was the trusted "good-child" who would never let a boy into the picture and cause her to disobey some of her mums rules till mum deemed it fit to let her. I  managed to keep that up till 16. Then as always in life, I broke the rules all at once. It felt good to do so, but the rule following, mistake hating part rebelled. the effect was horrible until someone I value greatly as a friend told me  "If you live life by all the rules and be a planner all the time, trying not to make mistakes and have regrets, you end up making the biggest mistake and having the biggest regret because in planning for the end, you will have missed out the  beginning and middle." It stung, but it was true. For some funny reason, my pen has stilled.
                          "Life should be as we see it, not as others define it for us"
                                              You know you love me...
                                                   rUdE gIrL....XXX
             

4 comments: